Monday, August 1, 2011

What is Hurble Burble?

Hurble Burble is a word that describes frustrated or happy, sad or glad, mad, disgusted..whatever. It's a word I'm nearly certain I invented and it's a word I choose to use to make sense of the senseless. Because isn't that what we're all here to do? Make sense of the senseless acts in the world? Make the pain and frustration and joys of the world apply to our own life to bring a sense of meaning to what we're doing?

Go on and say it. Just let out a giant "OH HURBLEBURBLE." and feel better. I know I do.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, you're a mom. Don't you realize that "hurbleburble" could also be the sound that precedes something horrible in a diaper?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG PS: I just read your "About Me" and I had no idea you were an emetophobe. I went through that "phase" (can a phase last like 10 years?) after a terribly, terribly trauamtic 4th grade, when kid after kid (including me) was barfing on their desk during class.

    God we ARE twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And. My captcha for that comment was hemcest. Sounds vaguely dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDK what to post! Also yes it can be a phase. That, ma'm, sounds TERRIBLE. WY DID EVERYONE BARF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bestowed upon you the greatest gift you will ever receive: A CONGRATULATORY JPEG.

    HOWEVER. IF YOU DO NOT POST I WILL TAKE BACK YOUR INTERWEBS AWARDS STAT!!

    ReplyDelete